Sunday 21 June 2009

A Beetle and an Exhibition

I thought I had published this post, but here it is.

Owing to the speed of the current, I took only one photograph on my recent paddle down the Tummel to just short of its confluence with the River Tay. Here it is: this iridescent beetle landed on the lid of my water tight barrel. Who can tell me what it is?














The next photograph comes from a publication that Perth and Kinross Council put out to promote all the possibilities of this part of the world during the summer. Among many things, the Perth Museum is holding an exhibition entitled 'Return of the Natives'. I am delighted to see that they number beavers among successful returns that include sea eagles, polecats and several others.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what kind of beetle it is, but that is exciting abou the beaver being listed among the succesful returns! I wonder who wrote it?

    ReplyDelete